Having been around for over 70 years, they are one of the largest and most trusted private healthcare companies in the UK, paying over £3m in claims every working day.
AXA PPP Company history
Originally founded in 1940 by a group of hospitals and doctors, Axa PPP aimed to help average earners access expert medical care. Today, they have over 250 hospitals in their directory and more than 33,000 practitioners and consultants within their network.
Axa PPP healthcare have been helping people with their health and wellbeing for longer than the NHS has. We’ve summarised their company history below:
- London Association for Hospital Services Ltd (LAHS) established in September 1940
- LAHS renamed as Private Patients Plan Ltd in 1962
- Purchased by Guardian Royal Exchange Group in 1998
- GRE Purchased by Sun Life and Provincial Holdings in 1999
- Now a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Axa Group
- Name changed to Axa PPP Healthcare in 2002
- Aquisition of ICAS in 2007
Being part of the Axa Group, one of the world's largest insurers, should give you the confidence that you are dealing with a reliable and secure company. In the UK, over 16 million people are insured by the Axa Group, meaning that the Great British Public obviously put their trust in them.
The Axa Group provides a variety of financial services, from car insurance to business cover, and have been awarded a 5-star Defaqto rating, as well as the “Best direct healthcare provider 2019”, by Your Money
In this article, we’ll be looking at AXA PPP Health Insurance, what and who they cover, the benefit to policyholders and the additional services they offer.