What is family medical insurance?
Family medical insurance, often called family health insurance, is an annual insurance policy which will give you and your family access to private medical treatment in the UK, should you ever need it. With several levels of cover available from a variety of providers, it always pays to research the options and speak to an independent expert before buying a policy.
What is family private health care?
Family private health care is provided by a nationwide network of private hospitals and clinics, which, rather than being funded via the NHS, are privately financed, either via insurance or directly from the patient. While you don’t need medical insurance to access private health care, it can help keep costs down, especially if your treatment is for something complex like cancer.
Benefits of family medical insurance:
- Avoid NHS waiting lists - be seen and treated quicker.
- Gain access to drugs and treatments which aren’t yet available on the NHS.
- Receive a private room during a hospital stay, with much-relaxed visiting hours.
- Be treated at a time and place of your choosing.
- Have greater choice over the person that provides your treatment.